Saturday, February 2, 2008

11 Weeks Down

Well...it has now been 11 weeks since my surgery. I'm actually ahead of schedule at this point, which is great! The problem...because of my ACL surgery in this same leg that I had about 10 years ago, my doctor is being extra cautious. That means purposely slowing down. For those of you who know me, you know how hard this is for me. Patience is NOT one of my virtues.

My PT told me yesterday that had I not had the ACL reconstruction in my broken leg, I would have never broken it. Damn! At least I know that I don't have low bone density, Osteoporosis, or am "just getting old" (which, btw, I am).

Everything is still cool. I'm still thankful for my family and friends...they have been going through this as long as I have and are still there...and just when I had lost trust in true friendship. Amazing...God DOES work in mysterious ways!

2 comments:

flame-red said...

Okay, so when are you going to be back on the trail... I miss seeing you around. Maybe the CITO at Reelfoot?

Lisa said...

I hope to be ready by then! I want to walk so badly!! :-)