Monday, March 10, 2008

State Bound

I left school two hours early on Friday (we all did due to the threat of snow) and headed to my PT appointment that I was able to bump up to 1:00 from my original 3:30 time slot. After completing my pretty tough session, I left the building to finally see a mix of precipitation. It was at that point I decided to head to Murphreesboro to watch our girls play in the state basketball tourney.

I drove through quite a mess and saw several accidents before making it to the building. I limped as quickly, and safely, as possible to the entrance, bought my ticket and headed in. It was a great game! We won that game, so now I had a decision to make. I was going to drive back after the game. The weather, my leg (that was very tired and swollen), and the other teachers that were their convinced me to stay. I was a able to easily get a hotel room in town since the other teams that had been knocked out all left town. I actually stayed two nights and drove back to Memphis on Sunday. Our girls finished second. They lost in overtime by 4. It was a great season and quite a trip. I love just taking off without days and weeks of planning!

Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals.
-- James Naismith

No comments: