Tuesday, May 15, 2007

1 & 2K...Ain't It Grand?

One of my favorite things about my hobby of Geocaching, is the people that I have met and cached with along the way. I have cached with Amphimixus, Hoot Owl, Gibbenator, Cgeek, SarahAFS, Magicrock & Goalong, Byrd, JoeGPS, Nashville Joe & Abbys Grammy, Y&D, BDD, Sprout, Spencersb, 3, Hogfanbam and jbgreer, just to name a few.

One of my favorite people to cache with is Prontopup(Joe). Prontopup and I have the same philosophy when it comes to hiding and finding caches. We like for our hides to be interesting and we like to find everything. Most importantly, we love to have fun! For those of you who have ever cached with us you know what I'm talking about!

We figured out that we were both close to major milestones. He was getting close to his 1K and I was approaching my 2K. We decided at that point to hit those milestones at the same time. It took a lot of coordination, planning, and patience to do it. Joe had to practice the patience part. He also had to prod me along, as I hit a wall and couldn't motivate myself to go out caching. I was doing lots of traveling, but very little caching. As I finally caught up, we had to decide on the cache that we would do. We both wanted to do a 5/5 for the milestone. As we talked it over, however, we changed our minds. We decided that we wanted our milestones to be at a friend's cache. Our friends have always been important to us. Joe always says "Our friends are the family that we choose." We chose to do one of Bruce's(Abiectio) caches in West Memphis, AR for our milestones. The cache is called Greyhound. We had so much fun going after this cache. We had to travel through waves and waves of "poisonous I.V.s" to get to the cache. The moment that we had the cache in our hands, we both got this big, cheesy grin on our faces. We had done it...together!

Thanks Prontopup, Abiectio, Cgeek, and others that I have cached with to get me to 2K. I have enjoyed every minute of my time with you and I can't wait for the times to come!

"A friend is someone who dances with you in the sunlight, And walks with you in the shadows."
--Unknown




1 comment:

JustinCase said...

Lisa, when you say I’m one of your favorite people to cache with, you compliment me highly! It means a lot to me (more than you realize) for you to say that, especially since nearly every cacher I know would like to go caching with you!

And your account of our 2K/1K is accurate except you left out something important. It is true that, at one point, I had to be patient for you (which for you I consider to be no effort at all). But you forgot to mention that, at one time, you were much closer to your 2K than I was to my 1K. You purposely slowed down to let me catch up and you encouraged me, especially once or twice when you could tell I needed it. Sounds like you may have sacrificed a bit for me so we could both enjoy this milestone.

Your blog is called your Whirlwind adventures. I would suggest that one of your biggest adventures is only hinted at here. You and I have become close friends - quite an adventure in itself! Anyone who can afford it can have the adventures of climbing Mt. Everest or kayaking in Alaska. However, no amount of money will buy a friend and no force on earth can make someone be your friend if he/she doesn’t want to be. Yes, I think we’ve had a whirlwind “adventure” in the last fifteen months - a whirlwind which “feels” like a “warm” and “friendly” breeze! (wink, smile, hug)