Friday, May 18, 2007

Palm Springs-March 2007

This was a great trip! I had never been to California and I needed to add this state to my list of states in which I have found caches. I have to admit that Palm Springs was great, however, the flights to and from were not so much.

On the way out, I was delayed in Colorado due to the weather. They actually had snow. I left Memphis and the temperature was in the 70s. I was going to Palm Springs, were it was in the 80s. I was wearing clothes for that type of weather, not for walking from the plane, through the snow, to the terminal. Once there, I was told the plane was delayed. They were working on the problem. Once the plane was ready, we loaded on and had to
sit and wait again for the plane to be de-iced.

I got into Palm Springs several hours late and was really too tired to do anything that night. My friends had already celebrated their first night there and weren't able to drive to the airport to pick me up. Luckily, there was the hotel shuttle, and my friend, Connie, gave me the information that I needed. It was dark when I arrived, so I didn't get to see how beautiful Palm Springs was until the next day. WOW!! What a beautiful place. It looks just like Memphis...NOT! The stay in Palm Springs made me pretty much forget about the bad flying experience. Much of my time was spent by the pool. Actually, MOST of my time was spent by the pool. I WAS able to snag a few caches around the hotel! As my friends always tell me, I'm a geek! I'm sure they mean this as a compliment! :-)

The flight home was much like the the flight out...delays! The first delay was in Palm Springs. A flat tire on the plane which took a couple of hours to fix. That, of course, made me miss my connection in Colorado...so you guessed it...more waiting there. I still managed to get back to Memphis ahead of my friends, who had delays of their own.

Needless to say, when it came time to go to Chicago a couple weeks later, I drove!

"Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life." Thomas Jefferson