After leaving breakfast, we
met in Dyersburg. Folks were not too sure what to expect at the event. I had been out of town without a computer and when I returned, at the breakfast, I got caught up with some issues. I was told that some folks were not going to attend Phillip's event because they might feel uncomfortable. Titansfan's event was even brought up in a negative light andI don't really know why. I and everyone at the breakfast thought his event went great! I guess it is all in how you choose to view things. At any rate, I think that everyone that attended Phillip's event had a terrific time. I know I did! Congrats, again, Phillip!!!I was able to spend some time talking with some folks that I really had never spent time talking to in person. I REALLY enjoyed the conversation. We discussed a cache by B@ashful and Jimmylogan that had turned up missing. I tried for Stories in Stone on my previous trip to Chicago and couldn't find it. Luckily, B & J replaced the cache after lunch and a crew was able to "find" the cache before the ice cream event!
The Don't Forget Dessert event was hosted by Cgeek. The Turtle Sundae...Yummy! At any rate, we all got excited again about the possibility of doing a cache called Cache Raider by Canoe Guy that B@ashful and Jimmylogan got FTF on. They talked about what a neat cache it was and many of us were hooked. We all followed B & J in a 5 or 6 car caravan to the cache site. We had a blast!
I am not going to discuss much about the cache as I don't want to give anything away, however, make sure to go prepared when you attempt this cache! Spiders and snakes...yuck!This was a great day spent with awesome people. I was so sorry I was not able to make it back the following weekend for Bashful & Jimmylogan's Ice Cream Social. I hear it was a terrific event!
Travelers never think that they are the foreigners. ~Mason Cooley


1 comment:
Post a Comment