Sunday, July 8, 2007

What Happens in Vegas...

Las Vegas...what a city! Before I left, someone asked me why I was going to Vegas when we had Tunica less than an hour away. They said, and I quote "Vegas is just like Tunica." Well, I won't be too hard on them since they are one of my friends, however, Vegas is NOT just like Tunica! First, you have the mountains. I know, Tunica has the river...but the MOUNTAINS...beautiful! Then, all the beautiful hotels, casinos, restaurants, pools, and shows...I couldn't get enough! The first night there, we saw Spamalot. I don't think I have ever laughed so much during one show. It was great! I saw Lionel Richie on the last night. It was his opening night and he put on a great show. He looked just like he did back in the day and the women were going crazy over him. It was full of energy!

So far, from March to now, I have been to Florida, California, Chicago, back to Florida, back to Chicago and then Las Vegas, Navada. Wow! I didn't even go on all the trips that I could have gone on. I had an invitation to Greece, Colorado, and Canada. I will have to save those trips for later! See what I mean when I say "Whirlwind."

Las Vegas - my favorite desert mirage. ~Val Saintsbury

No comments: