I went to another great event on September 29th! This time the location was Searcy. It was Searcy's 1st Ever Meet & Greet. This event was hosted by Woodwalker9 and the Searcy Area Cachers. Cgeek and I arrived a little late...I'm NOT a morning person! We were welcomed so graciously by the hosts of the event and were introduced to the other cachers that we didn't already know.
The day was filled with fun and fellowship...the way it should be! There were many events in which to participate. I even won a door prize that I'm sure will make its way to a great Memphis hiding spot for some of my friends to find and log!
Some Activities Included:
| A poker run-coordinates to be given out at time of sign in. Kids cache-Especially for those 12 and under. Searcykid has some special prizes for these young cachers and we are sure they will have a great time. GPS Accuracy Contest-Sign up when you arrive and get your coordinates and flag. Then go see how close you can place your flag to a predetermined spot. Workshops-KD5JNL will be holding a 45 minute Geocaching 101 workshop starting at 9:00 a.m. From 10:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. come learn all about going paperless. At 11:00a.m. Team Pink will hold a workshop on GSAK(Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). Geo-bingo-Get your bingo card when you sign in and then enjoy the fun trying to fill in the squares. Camo contest-Dress up a cache and win a prize. Travel Bug and Geocoins |
A big Happy Birthday wish to Woodwalker and Ice Cream Man!!


1 comment:
It WAS a great event. It was the most fun I have had caching in quite awhile. That is GOOD news but also a bit unfortunate because now I want more!! I have to control the addiction - I must! LOL
Post a Comment