Thursday, September 27, 2007

ASU FOOTBALL

One of my recent travels has been across the state to Knoxville. My ASU Indians were playing UT. I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the game from my friend, Prontopup...AKA, Joe, The Pup, and Cotton Man. I was expecting a blowout. What I got was so much more!

I decided to make a weekend of it and left with a friend of mine on Friday. We cache on the way...without a palm. That meant no hints! Sure, it took longer to find the caches, but they were found without "cheating." I actually DID use a PAF a couple of times. Thanks, again, Joe! The first PAF that I had to use was at a cache called "Not A Tax Shelter." I actually spotted the cache and didn't know it! Anyway, it took us about 8-9 hours to get to Knoxville. Part of that time was spent sitting in a traffic jam because of a horrible accident. Once in Knoxville, we quickly found the hotel and more quickly fell asleep.

On Saturday, we decided to cache a little before the game. We found several caches and then went back to the hotel to get ready. We ended up finding 3 more caches on the UT campus. The game was great...ASU did better than I thought! I was able to see Chris Walker play. He is the son of my friend, Gloria. He actually plays for UT! He is on the punt and kickoff return teams...as a freshman! Anyway, it was OK seeing all of the orange in the stadium. I didn't cringe too badly. The folks were actually very nice. After the game, we made the marathon walk back to the car. Then back to the hotel. Once again, we were beat!

On Sunday, we slept in a little. When we finally left, we once again began caching on the way home. It was a very long trip, to say the least. I was trying to get home before 7 so I could catch the Chicago Bear/Dallas Cowboy game. I should not have rushed(I'm glad they are benching Grossman...finally!).

Once again, I want to say thanks to my friend Joe, who made this trip possible for me. He even made up cute little maps to everywhere!

1 comment:

JustinCase said...

It makes me happy to know that my small gift of a couple football tickets lead you to have a really enjoyable weekend. With so much going on in everyone's life, it's often difficult for each of us to make time for most important things. One of those important things, in my opinion, is to occasionally treat yourself to some plain old fun! I'm glad you had fun and I wish I could have been with you!