My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick toNow in light of the recent posts that have been made by a certain member of GOWT/JAG, and how some of his posts have made me feel, I thought this quote was an extremely poignant and deserved a comment. It held a certain meaning to me. After starting my post, I realized that the GOWT forums would not be the appropriate place for the comment and I chose to post to my blog instead.
listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger
does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
James 1:19-20, New International Version
This was my post in the GOWT forum:
Just thought I would respond to this. But then I thought better of it. I'll save it for my blog.
Here is where the turn of events comes into play. Another member, I'll just refer to him as BobXYZ, read my post and starts ranting about how I was starting a fight in the forums. He decides to make a series of attacks (against forum guidelines) toward me and was first warned and then, when he continued his rant in a new thread, was finally banned from the site.
My post on this subject becomes even more meaningful. "Everyone should be quick to
listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
I hope I can keep these words in my heart and mind so that I may become slower to anger and quick to listen. I thank the person who posted this in the forums and I find it so ironic that in the very same forum thread, BobXYZ demonstrated why this quote is so important.


5 comments:
Nice blog, Lisa. It's human nature to assume the worst in those we disagree with. We've all done it. Thanks for the remind to take a deep breath before typing, and to re-read/edit everything before posting.
We should also remember that there are no secrets in cyberspace. Here's a pretty good article on it.
You're welcome! I still really can't believe that "Bob" went off the way he did before he even read what the post said. I guess he assumed (and you know what they say about assuming) that my blog would be the same as some of the others from the other site. The difference is, I will defend myself, but I won't stoop to their level and attack everyone I can think of to attack! There is one decent JAG blog site that I enjoy reading because she doesn't usually have "attacking" posts. The others, I don't bother to read...
At any rate, "THE MAN" lost his cool and my (and others) respect.
Lisa,
Thanks for your post. It reminded me of how I am supposed to respond also. The last few days have been teemed with turmoil, and I have not repsonded as well as I would have liked to some "complaints". Thanks for reminding me of my obligations toward the Lord and others.
Lisa,
Thanks for your posting. It reminded me of my obligations to respond in Love toward others... even those that don't agree with me. The last few days have been teemed with turmoil, and I haven't responded as well as I would have liked in a few situations. Thanks again for reminding me that the Lord expects me to respond properly.
Actually, the only person that I can control, is myself. As long as I'm doing the best that I can, I feel satisfied and I don't beat myself up over things. As far as my recent confrontation, that I didn't seek out, I feel there is something going on with that other person that I don't know about and he chose to "take it out" on me. I will keep him in my prayers. That is something that you have helped me realize. Thank you.
Post a Comment