I was able to make it to Will's (my nephew) baseball game with my dad. Unfortunately, his game never happened due to the other team not showing. I was able to play catch with Will and some of his friends, though. Playing catch with 7 year olds can be quite exhausting. I had to chase after the ball quite a bit...their arms are still developing!
I also got to participate in the Walk For MS with Adrian's family. My brother-in-law, Billy, has MS and the entire family walked. My niece, Alexis(who is 7), wanted to walk two miles for her dad. Billy gave out after about a mile and everyone wanted to walk back to the car, except for Alexis. She was bound and determined to walk the whole way. I told Adrian that I would walk with her, so off we went. We followed all the people. The cool thing was that a lot of the people were walking with their dogs. Needless to say, Alexis got tired not too much later. I could hear the band playing and told her that we were near the finish line. As we approached, and we saw all the people, I got a sick feeling. Every single person had a dog. We had gotten mixed up in the adopt-a-pet walk that was going on in the same area. I asked someone where Centennial Park was and they told me that it was about a 30 minute walk from where we were. Alexis was not happy. We did manage to complete the walk and the family "oohed and ahhed" over Alexis walking so far. It was neat to see a little girl get so full of pride. She sure does love her daddy.
We all went out to eat Greek on Saturday night. The cool part was that my mom and dad actually socialized with each other. They have been divorced for a while and usually try to avoid each other. They didn't do that on this trip.

On Sunday, Adrian had everyone over for lunch. My niece and nephews begged and pleaded with me to take them caching. I told them that I would if it was OK with their parents. It was and off we went. We had a great time caching. When I cache with the kids, we take a lot of detours. We do a lot of playing at the cache sites and this trip was no exception. Each kid got to "find a treasure" with a little manipulation from Aunt Lisa.
Upon arriving back at Adrian's house, the kids wanted to go to Dairy Queen. That brought opposition from Adrian until she asked who was taking them and the kids replied "Aunt Lisa!"
Adrian's response then became "Oh, OK." Thanks, Ade!
I left on Monday and I was able to pick up a few more caches on my way back to Memphis thus turning an 8 hour trip into a 12 hour trip.
The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. Thomas Jefferson


1 comment:
I have read this blog several times. I guess that means I like it. The thing that keeps drawing me back is that your words reveal how deeply you love your family. That is a very neat thing! And for you to share that with others through your blog is a neat thing too! Way to go, Lisa!
Post a Comment