I attended yet another great caching event. This one was located at Enid Lake in MS and sponsored by several geocaching organizations (G.O.W.T., M.S.G.A., DeepSouth, DeltaGeo,). It was Celebrate Summer in the Midsouth hosted by Lacey(Lacey38655) and Scott(SniperChicken). Cgeek and Hoot rode in one vehicle while Hogfanbam and I pulled my boat with the other vehicle. We stopped in Hernando to grab Elite Cachers #1 by Bomb280 and pick up some last minute things at the store. We arrived at Enid Lake after a short drive and immediately put
the boat in the water. We anchored the boat and went up the hill to see everyone. After a wonderful meal and distribution of the milestone awards, we (Ash, Bruce, Wanda, Bambi, and I) went to hide a cache. We used the boat, of course, and spent the day taking people across the lake to find the hidden treasure. During this time, I was able to get to know some folks a little better. The kids had a great time driving the boat. The day was beautiful!!! Scott and Lacey planned an awesome event and I hope we do it again!Congratulations to the following cachers who all received 1, 2, or 3K milestone awards:
Lacey38655
Sniperchicken
Bluecanary
Pushmataha
ADS1
Pater47
Slipnot007
Davidmac
The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing." ~Daniel J. Boorstin


2 comments:
I wanted to attend this event, but had an all too rare opportunity to go caching with my buddy jbgreer.
Well, that is a GREAT reason to miss the event! I have not seen him in a while. Maybe we can all go caching together, soon.
Post a Comment