Sunday, December 2, 2007

3 Months

On November 11, 2007, I broke my leg while jumping over a gate. My right leg planted and twisted and I went down. I knew I had done something wrong to my leg, but I thought I tore my ligaments again. This is the same leg in which I tore my MCL and ACL over 10 years ago. Fortunately, four of my friends were there and they got me to the ER pretty quickly. Turns out, I broke my tibia and fibula and also crushed my tibial plateau. I will be non-weight bearing for 3 months. This will be and has been tough for me, as I am a very independent person. I am also extremely active and always on the go. I won't be for the next 3 months.

The positive in this situation is that, once again, I have the opportunity to be reminded that I have some very good friends and an awesome family. I have had a tough year and my family and friends have been there every step of the way to get me through each crisis. Even though I have had what I would consider some "bad luck," I'm indeed lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. Joe, "The Pup," always tells me that "friends are the family we choose." He is right. Thanks to all the positive people in my life and here is hoping that 3 months go by quickly!

Our God is the God of mercy. For He works in mysterious ways and His power is over all things. Amen.

4 comments:

SteveSpencer824 said...

Oh, my leg hurts for you Lisa! Well, actually it just hurts most of the time now, but yours reminds me how much worse mine could have been! Praying for a speedy recovery! Hope to get to see you next weekend, though I don't expect you'll get to do Mission Improbable with us!

Robert Wardell said...

Like Steve, I'm sending out the prayers for a quick and "painless" recovery. I "cracked" my ankle once and thought I would never get over that. I can't even imagine such an injury as yours. Maybe you should ride a horse the next time you "jump a gate." Get well Girl!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the prayers, guys. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate them!

JustinCase said...

Today it has been 1 month since you wrote this blog. Only 2 more months to go! From what I can tell you are doing a good job of keeping a positive attitude and that is an impressive accomplishment! You'll be back on your feet soon!