Location: Chateau Shinault (Team Sprout Int'l Headquarters)
I have to say, I was initially excited about this Christmas party as we discussed it at Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger after the Flash Event. My excitement level waned after I broke my leg. I didn't think I would be able to make it. I mentally prepared for it for a week leading up to the big day. In addition to wanting to get out of the house for basically the first time in 3 weeks, I wanted to see all my GOWT and Delta Geo friends. Did I mention yet that
Sprout and his wife throw one heck of a party? Food and fun for days! As 7:00 approached, I became very anxious and had very mixed feelings. Once I got to Sprout's house, the anxiety disappeared. The first person I saw was Steve and he had on a knee brace and used a cane to help him walk. Pcsenn & Wifey greeted me next. Wifey never left my side. She has to be an angel disguised as a cacher! Seriously, everyone was so nice in making sure I was comfortable and received plenty of food and drink. After much socializing, story telling, and food eating, the Dirty Santa event commenced. The gifts that everyone brought were so cool! We all especially liked the twist tinksdad threw in on his gift. His gift was the first one picked, so it worked out really well. GI Jane used her usual tactics that we are sure she "learned during her Army days," but unfortunately the gift was to good to pass up.
I have to say, I was initially excited about this Christmas party as we discussed it at Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger after the Flash Event. My excitement level waned after I broke my leg. I didn't think I would be able to make it. I mentally prepared for it for a week leading up to the big day. In addition to wanting to get out of the house for basically the first time in 3 weeks, I wanted to see all my GOWT and Delta Geo friends. Did I mention yet that
Sprout and his wife throw one heck of a party? Food and fun for days! As 7:00 approached, I became very anxious and had very mixed feelings. Once I got to Sprout's house, the anxiety disappeared. The first person I saw was Steve and he had on a knee brace and used a cane to help him walk. Pcsenn & Wifey greeted me next. Wifey never left my side. She has to be an angel disguised as a cacher! Seriously, everyone was so nice in making sure I was comfortable and received plenty of food and drink. After much socializing, story telling, and food eating, the Dirty Santa event commenced. The gifts that everyone brought were so cool! We all especially liked the twist tinksdad threw in on his gift. His gift was the first one picked, so it worked out really well. GI Jane used her usual tactics that we are sure she "learned during her Army days," but unfortunately the gift was to good to pass up.
It was great seeing Steve and family. We even started discussing a super road trip to visit him. I finally got the opportunity to meet Itsmebigd and, of course, chatting with FamilyInFilm is always a pleasure. Bevofan has got to be the most giving cacher, as she gave her gift to another cacher that liked it.I can't wait for Hoot to hide his gift. Will it be wheelchair accessible? I doubt it! I know Paula was thrilled with her Dirty Santa gift! Bitbrain brought his now famous TB...thanks for not making me put that thing on my head! pink ammo can? BTW, thanks, cgeek, for the ride and protecting the leg.
The food was great and the company was even better. A big BRAVO goes out to Team Sprout on another fabulous party!
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis




No comments:
Post a Comment