Within an hour into the trip, there were signs of bad things yet to come. From that point, it only got worse, except for a small amount of time that included beach, sun, and "shipwrecks." I personally spent the last three years of my life drama free, except for a small amount of drama within a geocaching organization of which I am a member. This trip had enough drama to make up for the last three years. Anyway, the first day in Florida barely came to an end before new drama began. This, unfortunately, included me. It shouldn't have. I wish it didn't. Live and learn, right? So much drama went on, that at one point, one of my friends walked into the room and asked "Are we on TV?" It was very much like one of those reality TV shows. The next best part of the trip, for me, was the drive home and even THAT had drama.
At any rate, I think I'm going to go back to my drama-free life that I enjoyed before all this and hope that it won't take forever to recover. My lessons learned are to follow my gut and "walls are in place for a reason."
Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation. ~Elizabeth Drew


1 comment:
Lisa, I am sorry your trip went so badly. One thing I want you to know - your "gut feelings" are almost always right on and I would follow those feelings anytime (as you know I have often done in the past). I have learned to trust your gut because it's on target and you should trust it too. :)
JOE
Post a Comment