Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Boat

OK...now let me ramble for just a while on one of my favorite things to do...play on my boat! I think I have always loved the water. My parents had us taking swimming lessons at a very young age. I can remember going to the community pool on the first day it opened every year. My mom would also take us to the Michigan Dunes during the summer and I loved playing in Lake Michigan. As I got older, I realized that I really enjoyed boating and skiing. I love the water!

I purchas
ed my first boat about 17 years ago and have bought another since then and that is where I like to spend a great deal of my summer. I wish someone would hide a bunch of caches around the lakes at which I like to spend time. I could do two things that I love at the same time.

I have been in a funk lately, and I took the boat out the other day. I had such a great time. It made me forget the drama of my life. The sun felt good, the water was smooth as glass, and life was great. I was so happy until I had to take the boat out of the water and go home. Oh well, this just gives me a chance to think about my next trip out. I can't wait!!!

“When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste those tears on what might have been, just lie on your back and float.” -unknown

No comments: