Monday, January 21, 2008

Good News!

I just got back from the doctor. It's funny...I really like going to the doctor about my leg. He always says something that makes me feel good. I feel motivated. It has been 9 weeks and 4 days since my surgery. I was suppose to have to go 12 weeks before doing anything. He is letting me start physical therapy for ROM and strength. He is also letting me put some weight down. I can't tell you how good that feels!!

We discussed a few other things, too. One being the removal of the plate and screws. I have been curious about how that would work. They usually don't do that unless the hardware is really bothering the patient. It would mean 4 more weeks on crutches. They wouldn't do that for at least 6 months. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Another thing we discussed was the probable cause of the injury. That is important because if I don't know why it happened, it could happen again. At any rate, he thinks it happened because of my previous ACL tear. The fracture lines seem to originate from the screw canal. That is good to know, since I was thinking that I had low bone density or the beginning stages of osteoporosis.

Now begins PT. I'll keep ya posted!


" Everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was."
~Robert Louis Stevenson



2 comments:

SteveSpencer824 said...

Thanks, Lisa! Good to hear your good news, too! I was concerned when I first saw your break: I've seen bones come out of ancient burial sites in better shape than that!

Let's both get to work and get back out on the trails! Race ya!

flame-red said...

WOW!!! I was wanting an update on you, and since I don't have your E-mail address (hint, hint), I came here to get the awesome details.

Wifey says hi, and wants to let you know she enjoyed getting to "assist" you at the event in MS.

I am continuing to pray for a faster than normal recovery, but I caution that you should not take it too fast. Don't let Steve egg you into doing something dangerous, like running a race, even against him...LOL.